Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pet Battles: Start Building Your Team

I am not going to hide it, I'm addicted to Pet Battles. As I've been leveling a druid, I've been making sure to grab at least one of every pet as I go through the zones. I might skip the ones that are rare drops, but I will try my hardest to get each pet available as I level. With luck, you'll get at least an uncommon of most of the pets. But, before you can do that, you have to build your team.

There are many ways to build your team, and many compositions. Personally, I am in love with the mechanical pets. My go-to team is a Rabid Nut Varmint 5000, a Robo-Chick, and a Desert Spider. But before I tell you why, let me fill you in on some good tactics to build a team. 

First off, you want to make sure you don't over-specialize unless you know who you are going up against. For instance, the pet trainers have set teams, and you can plan for them with powerhouse pets tailored to the fight. But out in the world, collecting and looking for rares, you never want to be caught with a team full of mechanicals with purely mechanical abilities and end up against a full set of elementals.

What I find to be the best way to build a full roster is to go all out on collecting. As you go through zones, try to stick around long enough to get at least an uncommon quality of the pets available. If you are paying attention, you can get higher level pets of each set as you progress, and that will help you to have backup pets so that your A-String high-level set doesn't just one-hit-kill all the new pets you are trying to find. Just switch them in and out as you go, and you'll find you have a pretty nice roster to start getting serious pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment